Acupressure for diabetes : Diabetes is the most threatening chronic disease that is caused due to increased level of concentrated sugar in blood. Acupressure is one of the latest methods used in the treatment of diabetes. Using acupressure can help patients to control their blood sugar levels when used with dietary precautions and exercise.
Every diabetes sufferer knows that there is no cure for diabetes. However, people who have undergone acupressure diabetes healing find improvement in their blood glucose or sugar level after their acupressure treatment. Acupressure uses different pressure points in the body to stimulate the internal healing process that improve a person’s health and wellbeing. It involves the use of fingertip pressure to certain points on the body with the goal of balancing the flow of energy.
Benefits of acupressure for diabetes
- It is non-invasive and does not require the use of drugs or other medical procedures.
- It can help reduce the negative physical effects of the disease.
- It can help to normalize the blood sugar levels.
- It may help improve kidney function in patients who have problems due to their diabetes.
Acupoints for diabetes
The important acupoints for the treatment of diabetes are:
- Spleen 6
- Liver 3
- Kidney 3
- Stomach 40
- Reflex points of liver, pituitary, pancreas, thyroid and adrenal
Using acupressure in the treatment of diabetes is quite safe and no cases of any complications are reported due to its use. It can be practiced by the patient himself after taking proper training. Acupressure is more effective in type II diabetes. Patents are advised to consult their doctors before staring treatment with acupressure.